Wednesday, January 9, 2013

week 39...the surprise

So week 39 started off like every other week.  I was pregnant and things were still going really well.  I felt good and had energy to do things.  I had lots of lists written up and was slowly working my way through them trying to get things done in order to get ready for baby's arrival.  I was still wearing my regular jeans with the rubber band trick, which made this pregnant lady one happy camper! Pregnancy felt like a breeze and I was enjoying the last two weeks of it and working on making the most of the fact that baby was still in my belly.  :)

Last bump photo...in the elevator heading up to the delivery floor.

Then on December 31st, baby boy decided to take control and remind us of who the boss is gonna be from here on out.  (Check back later and I should hopefully have the birth story ready to share.)

Ringing in the New Year from the delivery room!

He made his appearance on Jan 1st, 2013....12 days earlier than anticipated! We were all taken by surprise, but couldn't be happier with his early arrival.  Welcome to the world Christopher David!

Beautiful boy

Small smile

All swaddled up! 

Happy to escape the swaddle!

So here is the photo for week 39.  There is no longer a belly bump, but rather a bundle of joy! Thank you for going on this weekly journey with us and I'm so glad we've made it to baby's birth.  I'm looking forward to the adventures to come with my wonderful family of 3 and can't wait to share them all with you!

Perfection

** Some Highlights **
Symptoms: Still sore from the delivery, but I'm able to move around quite easily.  My baby bump has gotten smaller now that C is out, but it's not gone yet!
Total Weight Gain Loss: I've lost 6kgs just from the birth.  WOHOO!
Cravings: I've been enjoying some very nutritious foods and really only crave water.  It seems as though I'm always thirsty!
Maternity Clothes: Sadly I'm still wearing a limited number of bottoms, but I can fit into more tops.  Yay for a bigger selection of clothes!
Wedding Ring: My fingers are still a wee bit swollen, so the rings are still mostly off.
Sleep: What is sleep?!? I now wake up throughout the night to nurse C.  Fun times!
Belly Button: Back to normal!
Other: C came way earlier than expected, which was quite the shock...especially since everyone told us that first babies usually come later than the anticipated delivery date.
Fun story: Matt drove the car the night we headed to the hospital.  This was only his third or fourth time driving the car in Chiang Mai.  He did a great job and we got to the hospital in one piece with no hiccups.  However, once we got there, I had to park the car as there was only a small spot on the street between two other vehicles and Matt hasn't had to parallel park here yet.  It was quite the start! :) 

18 comments:

  1. Congrats! What a beautiful baby, I hope you recover quickly. I am also a New Year's "baby" and I love having a holiday birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We figure we can tell him that the whole town is celebrating his birth when the fireworks start! :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos! I love the last two photos of you holding him. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love his little legs and all of him He is so precious and wonderful....thanks for having him for us love nanny...xxooooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!! He's gorgeous! Just look at all that blond hair and such pretty eyes. Congratulations on your New Year's baby! I wish you a speedy recovery and continued health for mama & baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh - I meant to ask...which hospital did you go to and would you recommend your OB-GYN? I saw you mention earlier that you were planning to have an active birth and it sounds like you had a good relationship with your doctor, which is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like quite an adventure the two of you had...but now a mother and a beautiful baby..love to hear the news and see the pictures. Uncle Dave and I are excited for you both and know Matt will be a great Dad and you will as a mom...keep us informed and i will check the blog often. Aunt Sandra/Uncle Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Uncle Dave and Aunt Sandra! I will work on posting updates frequently so that you all can get to know Chris at least virtually until we can all meet up again. :)

      Delete
  8. Hip hip hooraay! Welcome to the world baby Christopher! Can't wait to meet you and see your (skinny) mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Is it bad that I especially love the "(skinny) mom" part?!? :)

      Delete
  9. Such a sweetie (you and him)! I have a 4 month old grandson. He started sleeping through the night so his parents can now get some hours of uninterrupted sleep. Good Luck to your Family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barb! 4 months and sleeping through the night....I am going to remember this! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my post! I absolutely LOVE getting comments and appreciate all the feedback and responses. :D xo